Travel Tips :
- Location of start of trail - At Ebb & Flow camp site in Wilderness National Park, Wilderness approximately 460km (290 miles) east of Cape Town on the N2
- Approximate self drive time from Cape Town to Wilderness - 4.5 to 5 hours
- Closest Airport to start of coastal walk - George Airport
- Flights from Cape Town to George Airport serviced by SAA and SA Airlink
- Flights from Johannesburg to George Airport serviced by SAA, SA Airlink, Nationwide, 1 Time, Mango and Kulula.com .
- Bus services to George or Wilderness from Cape Town - Grey Hound and Intercape .
- Taxi services between George Airport and Wilderness : Zeelie taxi - 044 876 6707; Barnardt Taxi - 072 268 5043 (approx cost of R150.00 per trip)
- Shuttle service from either Cape Town or George to Wilderness - Kontours : Mobile - +2782 569 8997, website - www.kontours.co.za
- Pre Trail Accommodation: Self catering - Wilderness National Park : B&B - Mont Fleur B&B and Interlaken B&B
- Travel precautions for Mozambique
- Park entrance fees - The Garden Route is endowed with more than 8 sections of nature reserves managed by Cape Nature and SANParks. Each reserve has an entrance fee. If you plan to
If your travel plans are focused around Cape Town and the 500km distance to the Garden Route is too far, consider the following series of 2.5 day trails on offer from the Cape West Coast Biosphere Trails for a power nature break.